Who is this child and what did she do with my daughter?

So I have a "Teenager" well she's 13, but she thinks she is now an adult because she is now a number that ends with the word teen. Now I don't know how many of you realize this but I think when a girl turns 13 they are taken over by evil pod people whose job it is to drive us crazy until we are put in white jackets that get tied around our waist, first of all it's a fashion don't, but let me get back to the issue at hand.
This child who used to be so sweet and want to do everything with you has now become a nightmare to live with, oops did that sound mean, sorry to those of you that have the perfect child who is not there yet, but just wait it will happen, oh and while I am on the subject of the perfect child, I don't believe you for a moment when you say your child does everything they are supposed to unless.......they are Stepford children.
Back to my rant so my 13 year old has informed me that she doesn't think she should be grounded, EVER, really my though is if you don't want to be grounded, STOP, and I mean STOP, you can only push a parent so much before they start thinking, now I know why lions eat their young. 
So what do you do , I can only read so many books on raising of children, I am paying more to  Amazon than I would for a nice boarding school., in the Swiss Alps, so what to do, what to do?  
That is my Quandary, so here is what I propose, I say from now on when your child starts to cry and yell that you are not fair and they don't have a life you look at them and....... ready for it......do the same, yes if she yells that you are not fair mimic her and say the same, if she cries and says she hates you look at her and laugh, does that sound mean, yes but really when did it become our life's mission to be treated like we are the enemy by someone we have given everything to, never I tell you, so I say be strong and don't give up because someday you will be approached by this child when they are grown and have their own teenage daughter and they will once again be the same sweet child you remember raising and they will say "mom I don't know what to do with little Gabby and you will slyly turn away and smile to yourself when you think " Karma has a way of biting you in the A**" Oh yah, right like you never would have thought this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stage Moms and how to avoid them!

The Good, The Bad The OMG!!!